SPECIALTY INSURANCE SOLUTIONS
Trisura offers a Miscellaneous Professional Liability Insurance product that provides the flexibility to tailor the coverage to fit each specific class that we target.
Our definition of Professional Services is customized to client’s profession to ensure that the coverage accurately reflects the service provided. It is broad enough to avoid any gaps in coverage that could occur, should the definition of professional services be too narrowly defined.
- Coverage for a broad range of professional classes of business
- Definition of professional services tailored to each risk
- Insurer has the ‘duty to defend’
- Definition of claim includes monetary damages and non-monetary relief
- Definition of insured includes:
- director, officer, partner, shareholder and employee
- employees include part-time, seasonal, leased and temporary employee as well as volunteers
- Innocent insureds coverage
- Worldwide coverage, with claims brought in Canada or the USA
- Claims made and reported policy form
- Continuous claims made professional liability coverage
- 30 day claims reporting window upon the expiration of the policy
- Discovery period terms established at the beginning of the policy period
- 30 days notice of cancellation / 15 days in the event of non-payment of premium
- Multi-Year Policy options are available
- Ability to accept other markets application forms in most cases
We underwrite all risks on an account-by-account basis taking into consideration the unique risk characteristics of each applicant.
We underwrite accounts incorporated in Canada with international exposures, provided the majority of their operations and employees are domiciled in Canada.
We do not have minimum premium thresholds.
We apply our underwriting expertise to any class of private or public corporation in order to find a solution, with a focus in the following industry classes:
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Services
- Claims Adjusters
- Computer Consultants
- Court Reporters
- Expert Witnesses
- Forensic Accountants
- Human Resource Consultants
- Insurance Brokers
- Management Accountants
- Management Consultants
- Meeting Planners
- Personal Counsellors / Social Workers
- Placement Agencies
- Property Appraisers
- Property Managers
- Relocation Consultants
- Tax Preparers
We will consider excess coverage for many classes of business.