Trisura, we expect more because we believe it can be done better.
of Canada’sTop Small and Medium Employers by Canada’s Top 100 project in the Globe & Mail in 2017, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2016 and 2017 by Aon, and Insurance Industry Employer of Choice by Insurance Business, we are a young, growth oriented team with a
commitment to attracting and retaining exceptional talent. Our growth has
landed us on the Profit500 list
and out entrepreneurial style and niche market position ensure that our people
see the result of their hard work reflected in the company’s success.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to join the
dedicated, forward-thinking claims / legal team in either our downtown Montréal
or Toronto office.
CLAIMS COUNSEL – MONTRÉAL or TORONTO
The Claims Counsel will be responsible
for the management of claims within the Surety line of business. With an LL.B
from a recognized university and 3+ years of experience specializing in surety
or construction law, you will be responsible for all aspects of the claims
- Coverage evaluation
- Setting claim reserves
- Reviewing, interpreting, negotiating and drafting agreements
- Responding to insureds, brokers and claimantsLitigation management
- Negotiation of settlements
- Authorizing payments as required
You will also have the responsibility
to investigate, evaluate, and resolve claims directly and in conjunction with
internal and external counsel, claims adjusters and consultants.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Forward thinking and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Self-directed work style with the ability to operate in a nimble entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to learn quickly
- A passionate, participative, service oriented attitude
- Membership in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada or Barreau du Québec
- 3+ years experience in insurance law; Surety and/or construction experience is a definite asset, as is in-house claims-handling
- Fully bilingual in French and English
If you are looking for a career in an exciting and rewarding
industry, are driven to excel, thrive in a team environment and want to
contribute to the success of an organization that values your contribution, we
want to hear from you.
We thank all
candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will
Trisura, we are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace that
reflects the diversity in each of our offices across Canada. Accommodations
will be provided on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our
recruitment and selection process.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Trisura Guarantee Insurance
Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a
specialty lines insurer with a focus on Surety, Specialty Insurance, Property
& Casualty, and Warranty products.
Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and
expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage
company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Toronto,
Montréal, Québec City, Halifax, Vancouver, and Calgary is uniquely positioned
to satisfy all varieties of risk in Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety,
Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability
including Media Liability, as well as Warranty products