SPECIALTY INSURANCE SOLUTIONS
Our Information Technology policy is designed for small to medium sized businesses that provide technology-related services to the private business community, as well as to the public sector.
- Concise definition of Information Technology Services
- Insurer has the ‘duty to defend’ the client
- Definition of claim includes monetary damages and services
- Definition of insured includes:
- director, officer, partner, shareholder and employee
- employees include part-time, seasonal, leased and temporary employees as well as volunteers
- Innocent insured’s coverage
- Worldwide coverage, with claims brought in Canada or the USA
- Continuous claims made professional liability coverage
- 30 day claims reporting window upon the expiration of the policy
- Discovery period terms established at the beginning of the policy period
- 30 days notice of cancellation / 15 days in the event of non-payment of premium
- Ability to accept other markets application forms in most cases
We underwrite all risks on an account-by-account basis taking into consideration the unique risk characteristics of each applicant.
We underwrite accounts incorporated in Canada with international exposures, provided the majority of their operations and employees are domiciled in Canada.
We do not have minimum premium thresholds.
We apply our underwriting expertise to any class of private or public corporation in order to find a solution, with a focus in the following industry classes:
- Application software programming
- Communication systems (including design / analysis / installation and support)
- Data processing conversion
- General computer programming
- Hardware — consulting, sales, installation / integration, design / analysis, support / maintenance and training
- Information retrieval
- IT consulting
- Maintenance and miscellaneous services of legacy systems
- Network solution
- New media development
- Software — consulting, sales, implementation / integration, design / analysis, development of package software, custom software, training and data processing
- Software development
- Virus removal
- Web development and design (small portion)
- Web site development
We will consider excess coverage for many classes of business.
- Technology & Cyber Liability – Application
- Technology & Cyber Liability – Renewal Application
- Technology Insurance Package (E&O/CGL/Property) – Application
- Technology Insurance Package (E&O/CGL/Property) – Renewal Application